We’ve been nominated!!! Thank you so much to the wonderful Rendz @Reading With Rendz for nominating The Book Cover Girls for this! You all should go check out Rendz’s blog, there are a lot of great posts!
I have had a super busy week with school and reading and catching up on blog posts. I have been blessed with tags this week and want to be able to finally post them all and thank all those who nominated and tagged me. Worry not, I will get through this!
Anyway, I guess I should begin.
1. Thank the person who nominated you in a blog post and link back to their blog.
2. Answer the 11 questions sent by the person who nominated you.
3. Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
4. List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or on your blog.
What is your current read? Are you enjoying it?
Currently, I am reading is Caraval by Stephanie Garber. And so far, I am really liking it a lot. Hopefully, I love it all the way through since I only hear amazing things about it.
What was your last read? What did you think of it?
The last book I read was King’s Cage by Victoria Aveyard. It was better than I thought, then again, my expectations were pretty low.
Which author are you *dying* to meet?
So many authors! I have met many of my favorites already, including Leigh Bardugo and Marissa Meyer. I would really like to meet Rick Riordan or maybe Julie Kagawa.
How do you organize your shelves?
I organize my shelves by format, then by series. So, all the paperbacks are on one side and the hardcovers in the other. The long hardcovers are together and the regular ones are also. From then on series are together. A thing that I do is that all my books have their spines facing inward. A lot of people ask me why I do this since I can’t see which book is what, but I just like it that way.
Do you own any special book swag?
My favorite book swag is the dice game for Crooked Kingdom. I like this mostly because my sister and I spent like two hours playing this game once. The swag is special not so much on its own, but because of the memory it holds.
Was there a time when you liked the movie more than the book?
A movie I like much more than the book is The Fault in Our Stars. I had a lot of problems with that book, and I do mean A LOT. Still, the movie was actually pretty good. I also feel the same about The Maze Runner. I actually have enjoyed the last two movies and can’t wait for the third to come out. The books were pretty meh, though.
Would you rather be able to breathe underwater or fly?
I feel like everyone would choose to fly, and that would be fun, but I might say breathing underwater. Flying seems like a lot of work, and its cold up high in the sky. Also, flying depends on the weather. You can’t fly in the rain. I may be going too deep into this question. Moving on.
What is your favorite genre of books/movies?
I love fantasy novels and movies. I also am a huge fan of war movies. I’ve never read any war books so I guess we shall see.
What is your guilty pleasure read?
I have had several through the years. One that I finished recently was the Selection trilogy by Kiera Cass. It was so bad, and yet, it was so good. Also recently was King’s Cage by Victoria Aveyard. I hate this series, and yet here I keep reading it.
Do you have any unpopular opinions on books?
If there is anything in this world of which I hold a lot it is opinions. And many of them are unpopular. I have a whole post on unpopular opinions that you can check out. But, just so that I have an official answer I will say that I do not like ACOTAR. I honestly just don’t get the hype. ACOMAF wasn’t all that great either. Sorry, not sorry.
What is your favorite past-time other than reading?
I love to write. This is how I waste most of my time, or at least, how I try when Netflix isn’t distracting me. Aside from that, I find that I very much enjoy procrastinating on all of my school assignments. I think that might be the second favorite.
- What is your favorite book cover on a book you own?
- What book gets you out of reading slumps?
- How many books do you own? Of those, how many have you not yet read?
- What is a book that is considered “bad” that you really like?
- What is a book that is considered “good” that you don’t like?
- If you could have any book character’s powers or abilities, which would it be?
- If you could bring any fictional object (weapon, clothing, food etc.) into the real world, what would it be?
- Who is your favorite author?
- What author have you read the most from?
- Pretend you can only read one book for the rest of your life. Which book would you choose? It can be from a book, TV show, or movie.
- If you could only recommend one book to everyone you know, which would it be?